Hacked Client
$
Donations
?
Help
C
Community

Follow us on Facebook!
Please Register and Login to our forum to access all features!

/hex [VIP] command broken - ROTMG Tool

Having an error on the ROTMG Tool private server? Please remember to check out our FAQ's before posting

/hex [VIP] command broken

Postby MrRaccoon » Fri 08 Jul 16 - 4:39

Was playing around with /hex. Wound up with a couple of cool little transforms.

After I un-hexed from being the giant robot and tried to hex into a new form, I disappear from screen (can still see the map/mobs/players) but moving at all puts my map cursor to the corners of the current map.

Then I get a 20min disconnection error spam followed by a game crash.

I doubt it's high on your list of priorities, all things considered, but it is one of only three commands that are exclusive to VIP (non-staff) ranks. Please look into it when you get a chance.
MrRaccoon  <i> Offline</i>
PS Name: MrRaccoon
Member of the Quarter

Postby MrRaccoon » Fri 08 Jul 16 - 5:16

UPDATE: It also seems to adversely affect other players on the server, at least in US Free it does.
On the off chance I can get a hex to work, players report being flung around the map just by moving in any direction. It's something I can literally see happening as well. This has been consistent whenever I get the hex that looks like a big ass fire owl or whatever that is.

Until it's looked into or resolved, and as much as I hate having to suggest limitations on powers, we should probably ban /hex for the time being.
Member of the Quarter

Postby NotPossible » Fri 08 Jul 16 - 6:18

Hexing usually also does that to me. Some hexes don't bug some do.
The glitch has been known for a long time but never really looked at.
I'll ask Hai about it.
If you need any help, feel free to pm me.
NotPossible  <i> Offline</i>
Manager
Manager
PS Name: Notpossible
Bug Zapper Award LMAO Award 20k Posts Day! [OLD] Member of the Month

Postby MrRaccoon » Fri 08 Jul 16 - 7:14

No worries. It doesn't exactly break my game experience by not being able to use it, though it is kind of a bummer. VIPs only get 3 commands that donors don't get, I'm assuming to give VIPs a little more bang for their buck. And one of them apparently can break the game for yourself or others.
Member of the Quarter

Postby Hai » Sat 16 Jul 16 - 19:53

Hey,

This is caused because some of the 'Hex' characters that you have the chance of turning into are bugged and cannot be seen in the client.

If you turn into one of these, it bugs up for you, making your speed very fast and you also DC fast

It affects everybody different because when you hex, everyone sees a different image - so if someone is seeing a bugged hex, the game will glitch for them, but not you - as you are seeing a working hex

I really need to go through to remove the broken Hex characters to stop this. This is one of the main reasons that CLand has not yet been released publicly
Hai  <i> Offline</i>
Administrator
Administrator
PS Name: Hai
Member of the Quarter Nuclear Award Dev Award Created Award Great Ideas Award
YouTube Medal Bug Zapper Award LMAO Award 20k Posts Day! [OLD] Member of the Month