Hacked Client
$
Donations
?
Help
C
Community

Follow us on Facebook!
Please Register and Login to our forum to access all features!

Project Lunchables aka Raccoon Realms 2 - ROTMG Tool

Here you can discuss other Realm of the Mad God private servers. Feel free to advertise your own ROTMG private server

Project Lunchables aka Raccoon Realms 2

Postby MrRaccoon » Mon 20 Jul 20 - 2:18

Salutations, friends!

After a year or two of inactivity here I return with good news! My tiny little team of myself and two others are currently hard at work on the next Raccoon Realms, currently codenamed Project Lunchables. Those of you who were around when the original Raccoon Realms was live may remember our extensive collection of custom items, custom holiday event bosses, and even custom gods, which will all make their glorious return utilizing modified NRcore source code instead of the rather limiting FSoD code we were working with before.

Project Changes/Goals
**We finally have working prod dungeons and behaviors! Each of these will eventually be given their own unique Raccoon Realms twist in the near future to ensure that even those with max'd stats have a good reason to explore them again!

**A true end-game experience and crazy challenges are being thoroughly planned out and conceptualized as we speak.

**Better balance than in the previous iteration.

**True collector's items: These will be limited items that only come around only once a year or once at all. Some of these will commemorate an event, such as being around for the project's official launch, or achievements, such as taking down a particularly powerful limited event boss.

Updates will be frequent around launch time as we finish fleshing out the world for you. Once we have our groundwork laid out for you to enjoy I promise you we will have a content road map with at least 3 major updates per year!

"That all sounds good, MrRaccoon, but when can we actually see this thing you're talking about?
We have a limited launch goal of around September 2020.

Sweet, dooders, is there a discord or somewhere we can go to talk about this project?
There is and there isn't. I'm keeping the discord limited until we have a little bit more actually IN the game to discuss. When that changes we'll let y'all know. In the meantime this is the spot, I guess, for all that.

Need help with anything? Is there some way I can contribute to the project?
Not particularly, at least not yet. But if we were looking for folks they'd have to meet certain criteria. We have enough mouthpieces and "ideas guys" for now. Consideration would only be given to folks who have some background with NRcore, XML work, spriting, ect. I will make room this very instant for people with experience in behaviors and maps for dungeons. These will be the highest priority in terms of staffing.

Why plug your server here, in this forum for a dead pserver?
Because RotMGtool is what inspired me to make my first one. This little page has a special place in my heart. Y'all don't even know what you missed out on...

Anywho thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Raccy
MrRaccoon  <i> Offline</i>
Keen Poster
Keen Poster
PS Name: MrRaccoon
Member of the Quarter

Postby MrRaccoon » Sun 26 Jul 20 - 23:26

Alrighty. I've decided to open the discord channel to interested parties.

* Please Register and Login to see links *

Do let me know if, for whatever reason, that link doesn't work.

Also, a major change we're making to our server is to eliminate potions altogether. Stats will now be handled by runes. Each rune acts as 2 potions, one for each stat. The distribution we have planned will make it possible to 2/8 in glands and to farm dungeons for the other stats.
Keen Poster
Keen Poster
Member of the Quarter

Postby MrRaccoon » Mon 03 Aug 20 - 5:33

Project Update:
The first of our new gods is now appearing rarely in glands. He'll drop a crafting material used for the most powerful abilities in the game, albeit at a very low rate. Which, of course, means we'll have forging via an NPC in the Nexus.

All tier'd gears above T6 have been removed. Tier'd gears from 0-6 have had their stats adjusted to compensate. These items have also been completely reworked visually. The sprite work from the artist formerly known as Songhai is truly remarkable. Absolutely no prod assets are used for tier'd gears or our custom items.

Preliminary concept planning has begun on remix'd bosses for the old prod dungeons we currently have. They will have a rare chance of being spawned immediately upon the death of the old boss of that dungeon. These bosses will likely wind up as remastered sprites from the old bosses.

We're far along enough now that we're starting to shop around for a VPS to host it on for closed testing which should be on track for late August with a public run beginning in early September.
Keen Poster
Keen Poster
Member of the Quarter