Credits: Owlupus, KieronZeCoder69
1. Download the Private Server files from below
2. Download the MySQL Installer from Google (click no thanks just download at the bottom left).
3. Open the MySQL installer.
4. Click "Install MySQL Products."
5. Check "Skip the check for updates."
10. Wait for installation to complete.
14. Insert "botmaker" WITHOUT QUOTES into the password fields at the top. Don't do anything with the bottom.
17. Wait for it to finish configuring, next.
18. Wait for it to finish configuring, next.
20. Extract the private server you downloaded before.
21. If MySQL workbench is not open, open it.
22. Under the third column click "Manage Import/Export." If you get an error here, look at the bottom.
23. On the left panel click "Data Import/Restore."
24. Select "Import Self-Contained File."
25. Click the "..." and navigate to your private server. Select Database.sql.
26. Start Import.
27. Wait for it to finish, then you can close the window.
28. Open your private server folder and navigate to server/bin/debug/server.exe.
29. Right click server.exe and select "Run as administrator."
30. If there is an error, post it on the Private Server v2 thread.
31. If it displays "Listening on port 80" in french, continue.
32. Navigate to wServer/bin/debug/wserver.exe in the private server folder.
33. Right click, run as administrator.
34. If there is an error, post it on the Private Server v2 thread.
35. If it displays "Listening on port 2050" in french and spams "Not supported type: Merchant," it's working.
35 1/2. It's normal for it to spam "Lagged!"
36. Open the client.swf however you like. If it loads for a while and displays "Error loading, retrying" then close only the client and reopen it.
ERROR ON MANAGE IMPORT/EXPORT
1. Click "New Server Instance."
2. On the first part of the wizard click "Store in vault..." for the password and type in "botmaker" without quotes.
3. Finish the wizard by clicking next a lot.
4. Click "Manage Import/Export." If a window appears with two options, select the bottom one.
5. Resume the tutorial at step 23.
CHANGING SERVER IP or PASSWORD
1. Download sharp develop version 4.4 (Visual Studio/Express also works)
2. Install and open up c# editing program
3. Open the Server.solution (server.snl)
4. Use file explorer to click the plus '+' (expand) next to Db folder
5. Open the database.cs file (double click) and search the code until you find:
con = new MySqlConnection("Server=127.0.0.1;Database=rotmg;uid;user=root;password=botmaker");
Server = IP of your server.exe file (usually: 127.0.0.1)
Database = Name of the Database in SQL (rotmg)
uid = SQL Username (usually: root)
Password = SQL Password (usually: botmaker)
6. Next, use file explorer to click the plus '+' (expand) on the server folder, then on the chars folder and then open (double click) the file: list.cs
7. Search for the line 'new ServerItem()'
8. 'DNS' is the IP of your wServer.exe file (usually 127.0.0.1) - The servers can also be re-named, or be admin/high rank only
9. Now, for the changed to take effect, right click on Solution 'server' - at the top of the file explorer - then click 'rebuild solution' and wait till it is done