Hacked Client
$
Donations
?
Help
C
Community

Follow us on Facebook!
Please Register and Login to our forum to access all features!

Recreating PServer Source - ROTMG Tool

Here you can discuss other Realm of the Mad God private servers. Feel free to advertise your own ROTMG private server

Recreating PServer Source

Postby tomgie » Thu 24 May 18 - 4:41

I was thinking about creating a pserver source, or something near it entirely in a new programming language as C# seems slow compared to what you can use out there. And I am sure someone is thinking "don't reinvent the wheel stupid!" But, with current sources that wheel feels more like trying to roll a cube down a hill than some sort of wheel.

Now, I have worked with a few sources and they all seem to have problems with lag or something along those lines, i'm not sure if that is the way the server was programmed, or how packets are sent, or even if its just the speed of what .NET can deliver. But, if it can be fixed, then sure, I might try. But, I think it would be more "fun" to figure out how everything comes together and gain more experience in programming and networking.

So I plan on trying to create at least something with Rust or Golang. I am not sure on what one to choose but they seem to be good candidates as they are quite faster than C# if used properly but, are easy to organize/write/read/etc. I can't really do this on my own as another person working on this can be very helpful when trying to decide on something. So if anyone wants to help, pm me.

I'm sure this is an overly ambitious project that I came up with but fuck it I need something to do over the summer.
TLDR: Looking for other devs willing to use Rust/Golang/other languages to recreate a better pserver
Thanks for reading my shitty rambling
tomgie  <i> Offline</i>
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby tomgie » Sun 27 May 18 - 9:41

Still looking for other people
tomgie  <i> Offline</i>
Just Joined
Just Joined